Monday, January 03, 2011

The First Chapter

I have finally finished the first chapter of my long altered book project, The Book.
The aim of the project is to retell the stories that are held in common between Judeo/Christian and Islamic stories from their holy books, most notably the Bible, but from other religious and spiritual perspectives.

So the first story is the creation story.

The one I chose to tell was that given to us by the Haida Native Americans. Look here for the full story.

Here are the illustrations. Please don't forget, however, that I am not an illustrator, and so I'll hope you are kind about the first book illustration project I have done.

3 comments:

EmmaJilly said...

I like it, they're really good illustrations and you can definitely see the native american influence. Well done Sam :)

Jan Hopkins said...

They look lovely. Very like indigenous Australian art.

The fearless threader said...

Thanks Jan, yes its based on Aboriginal dot paintings. Takes ages to do but well worth it in the end.

I'm starting the next story this week and hopefully won't take as long over it.