Monday, February 09, 2009

Even longer time, no blog


I lost my blog, so I've not been able to add anything to it for a very long time. Life has carried on, I've completed a textiles course, did really well and then started a Foundation Degree in Creative Art Practices. In my 2nd semester and doing good, but could do with some inspiration for my chosen subject of cutlery. Maybe I should've chosen something more........well.....inspirational.


My last post was me being unhappy about not having any pictures of my mum, but I now have a coupple of belatedly sent and completely begrudged photos from my older sister.


This is a picture of my mum as a young girl, somewhere around 13 years of age. Isn't she pretty? I wish I had a better one, or even a bigger one, as this is tiny, hence the poor quality.

When she was in hospital the last time, she told me that she regretted not doing more with her life, and of being too afraid to try new things. It impressed on me the need to do your best with what you have and gave me a huge push back towards education and making something real of my life, not just making enough to pay the bills and go on a foreign holiday 3 times a year. I want to be good at what I do and that requires effort, practice and consistency. I try. But I'm still the queen of procrastination.

No comments: