Saturday, December 05, 2009

What am I like 3

I seem to blog more when I am in the middle of a struggle with my work. Why is that? Anyway, I have really been struggling with my living room, and sketching it. I can't seen to get the horizontals right, but I will bear with it because eventually I know I will get it and it will be brilliant.

Today I have been sketching the cats after having moderate success with the dogs last night.

Here's what I've managed so far.

Of course the problem with two cats who really really REALLY hate each other is getting them to stay still and not move qabout or start fighting when I want to draw them. I'm happy with these sketches as they were all 1 or 2 minute sketches and generally they look like cats!

I'm going to have another go with the dogs later and then try the fireplace a few more times. I may have to resort to using the tried and tested photographic method. That usually works well for me as I can get the proportions right a lot earlier in the process.

I'm going to get back to it now and hope I have something worthwhile to show later.

4 comments:

Jan Hopkins said...

Nice drawings... and don't you have lovely handwriting!

The fearless threader said...

Erm, have you really seen my writing it's terrible, all disorganised and scruffy! Thanks for the positive about my drawing though. I'm getting better and more confident with them.

maggie said...

hey. thanks for visiting my blog. your work process is fun to watch and the final result looks good. don't be so scruffy on yourself.

The fearless threader said...

Thanks for visiting mine! I'm fairly new to this whole regular blogging thing, but it give me somewhere to let go of all the thoughts that are constantly flowing around around my head all the time. It's rather like having someone to talk to to bounce ideas off and it really helps with my creative process. I really like to see how other people deal with matters arising in their art and I have to admit to being a complete ideas magpie.